RE: IRB thoughts

  • From: "Joanna Paull" <joannapaull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2005 14:59:27 -0400

Amy,
You make an excellent point; however, I think that getting approval from IRB
is an easier process that rewriting a hundred or so pages of research.  IRB
meets many times throughout the year, allowing for many submissions and/or
revisions, if need be.  If the idea itself is deeply problematic, though,
and the IRB can identify those problems, the researching might go more
smoothly. I guess it's up to each individual researcher, but these are
certainly thoughts to keep in mind.
Joanna