RE: IRB bliss . . .

  • From: "Joanna Paull" <joannapaull@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comptesol@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jul 2005 20:32:01 -0400

Actually, it's a meeting all about dissertation process questions.  I would
love to go, but I have no vehicle.  Can someone ask about the process for
doing the culminating evaluation?  Has anyone done it yet, or will I be the
proverbial guinea pig?  Is there paper work?  Will there be visitors?  What
is the actual experience like?  There are two goals listed--to test our
knowledge of the core list of texts and to review three chapters of our
dissertation for potential for continuation.  Verbal and written get
assessed with a pass or fail.  that's all the "handbook" tells us.  I'm
scared.  Someone help.
Joanna