[CoMoDev] ANN: Rocky Mtn Mobile & Wireless Users Group Mtg

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2004 13:30:05 -0600

Here's an announcement from Steve Milroy, organizer of the RMMWUG group which
will be meeting in the DTC later this month.  I'm thinking about attending to
meet the folks there and hear a little about how MS's Smart Client initiative
fits in with the .NET Compact Framework.

**************

Here are the details for the next Rocky Mountain Mobile & Wireless User Group
session on Monday September 20th.

Title: Overview of Smart Client Solutions

rich client and flexibility of web based solutions. For example Outlook 2003
provides a seamless online/offline experience, active caching and low bandwidth
connection support. This session will introduce Smart Client solutions; we will
examine characteristics of smart clients and see demonstrations including
windows forms, mobile/wireless, forms automation and Office smart documents. We
will examine key technologies including .NET Framework/Compact Framework, .NET
2.0, Office 2003, InfoPath 2003 and look at steps on how to get started
implementing smart client solutions.

Main Speakers: Steve Milroy & Darren Shaffer

When: Monday, September 20th 2004, 2-4pm

Location: Microsoft Office @ DTC

More Information and Registration: http://www.rmwug.org

Look forward to seeing you there...

Regards