[cisb102sp04] L4 Q6 Response to Chuck McCaul's statement

  • From: sundeej2@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cisb102sp04@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2004 19:34:42 -0500 (EST)

"Without the GUI(graphic user interphase), they just
don't compare."

Chuck McCaul

That is all I was thinking the whole time.  GUI's have taken over the computer
world, and I was stunned to find systems that still use Command line prompt on
a regular basis.  Sure, computer hacking (the good hacking) often requires
command line stuff, but wow.  To find a functioning system still build around
CLP is like eating a grilled cheese.  You remember it from your childhood but
somehow it never tastes as good not as it did then.

"... all the modern inconveniences ..."
          -- Mark Twain
Joshua Sundeen
Sundeej2@xxxxxxxxxxxx