[chaoscope] Re: need help on large size renders

  • From: robin zlatic <robin@xxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2004 01:19:10 +0200

Doug Schafer wrote:

I made a really nice fractal and wanted to print it so I need a large size
render...I tried 1024x1024 (fits screen full) and did that OK, but still
needed higher resolution image so tried 4000x4000 and I ran into a couple
big problems....anyone have any suggestions???....

I have the same problems. Here's what I do.
- Define really BIG resoulution.
- set the image scrollbar's hand-sliders to the center of the image
- slide the SCALE slider whe it is possible to view and rotate attractor in the visible area
- scale the attractor to the biggest possible size, not tearing over the edge of the imagesize.
- do the render :)