[chaoscope] Re: chaoscope Digest V3 #58

  • From: Chaoscope <chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 18:08:53 +0100

Hi Michele, hello all,

I have wondered how to apply anti-aliasing to some of my solids. So I'm guessing that the process is to render in a large size and then reduce the finished image in a graphics program. Yes?

Yes, as explained in the rendering tutorial. Irfanview, mentioned by Bogus, will do that for you.

I have noticed that simply increasing the iterations can cause the figure to lose detail. There are times when I don't want to do that.

This is entirely up to you. There are times where 4 billions iterations won't be enough, especially on very large renders and attractors with a high fractal dimension (> 2.5). The next version should allow you to run a render indefinitely until you decide to stop it.

To the person who wanted to capture the animations: I use Snag-it which has a movie capture mode. I'm sure there are other capture programs that would do the same thing.

Thanks for the tip!

Regards,

Nicolas Desprez