[chaoscope] Re: Let's hear your thoughts about 0.3 (unable to link rendering

  • From: "Peter Adams" <sue_me_now198@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Jun 2006 16:19:48 +0000

What if you create a standard sized project then change the width and height from the view palette once the project is open? If this works it would give me a clue as to what is going on. The OpenGL viewport is always limited to the size of the view window, not the project size itself. Maybe there's an
issue during the view initialization.

Aha! Well it seems to work if I change the resolution like that. I even managed to render at 8000x8000 (with a 1GB page file though, haha). But just so that you have some more information about the original error: Once I get the "Unable to link rendering context." error, it still goes on to show me the window titled "Untitled 1 - 20% - Chaotic Flow" with all the sliders for the parameters at the side. The rendering window is grey, as usual, but when I press F3 to find an attractor, the render window goes black, and no matter what I do it stays black. So it doesn't appear to be a problem with your code as such, more a limitation of my drivers, but I guess you already knew that.

It is *very* relevant, your graphic card is used to display the preview. Downloading the latest drivers for your card may solve some problems. Increasing OpenGL anti-aliasing in the GeForce settings will improve the preview quality.

I've updated my drivers and it's made no difference. But it doesn't really matter, editing the project size within the view palette works fine, so I'll just do that.

- Peter