[chaoscope] Re: The 4th Re: DevArt and art communities

  • From: KatiaKittn@xxxxxxx
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Aug 2005 10:49:23 EDT

I use the map editor for fractint and apophysis... it appears you can use map
files from both of those... some links for this stuff follows:

Gradient Map Editor: ApoMap (http://www.apophysis.org/downloads.html)

Some other stuff to look at that might help you out: List o' utils and crud (
http://www.innertraveler.com/messagecenter/showthread.php?t=54)

i have apomap, fintmap, and makemap all downloaded. i'll keep the other link
you sent, though i never did guarentee i'd make this thing ^ _^* maybe
eventually
i have some summer reading blarg to do first [really hates reading hemmingway
novels]

> As for Devart... I'm sorry you guys. I don't want to start anything of a
> fight or the sort... I was worried about that as soon as I sent it. I just
> have
> to ask one thing though... where do you think would be a good substitute for
> hosting your stuff?

I don't think you need to worry about starting a fight. We are a chaoscope
mailinglist after all, not a bunch of devart freaks (despite the fact that
quite
a few of us are at devart) i believe most or all of the list users will leave
their highly emotional opinions on da.
if you're still worried about starting fights, i'd say just don't mention the
power struggle  ^ _^ easy as that

i know someone who has moved himself to a new hosting place, i'll check in
for you and ask what it is and how he likes it ^ .^

~Kaze