[chaoscope] Re: The 4th Re: DevArt and art communities

  • From: Jeremy White <jjw311@xxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 08 Aug 2005 03:16:14 -0400

Hoody hoo! I get to help for once! :)

I use the map editor for fractint and apophysis... it appears you can use map files from both of those... some links for this stuff follows:

Gradient Map Editor: ApoMap (http://www.apophysis.org/downloads.html)
<http://www.apophysis.org/downloads.html>
Some other stuff to look at that might help you out: List o' utils and crud <http://www.innertraveler.com/messagecenter/showthread.php?t=54> (http://www.innertraveler.com/messagecenter/showthread.php?t=54)

As for compiling instructions all into one on how to do it... umm...
I just downloaded ApoMap, made a map or two, and then saved it. Yeah... and ummm... then you load it into chaoscope.
I believe chaospro can edit/import/export or the like... can someone verify this for me? I have grown out of that program (though I recommend it for anyone who just is eggin' for new programs to try out)

As for Devart... I'm sorry you guys. I don't want to start anything of a fight or the sort... I was worried about that as soon as I sent it. I just have to ask one thing though... where do you think would be a good substitute for hosting your stuff?

I support OurMedia.org, now that that works and all... at least a little. It allows copyrights and miscellaneous stats (I am now officially scared of the web... I took a look at the referrer lists for some files I posted on ourmedia... I don't care what you'd done and what it's for or how good it is... HALF of all the refs were from people looking for porn or searching for women without dignity.... not to hate on em' or anything, but wow... scary).

Any other ideas? I know terranutz and certain forums allow uploading and wot not... but um... is there anything reliable that can compare to ourmedia? I mean, unlimited upload, unlimited bandwidth, forever online... ?

~Dudy

KatiaKittn@xxxxxxx wrote:

You know what would be really nice?  An advanced tutorial for chaoscope
like how to make your own gradients and stuff.  Like all compiled into
one thing.  Or maybe there already is.  Does anyone have a link?

I know theres a method for making your gradients via txt editor, but i've never used it and thus don't remember.
There are various .map tools, makemap and apomap are rather prevelent, and tutorials for using those scattered about....
you're making me think about an advanced tut for how gradients affect the looks of the attractor, which i know there's a basic one on the chaoscope.org page somewhere

chaoscopers intends to gather a small dirrectory of links to such place, but right now i thnk we only have a few such. a partial makemap tut...at least one on post-render photoshopping, and a help file for language difficulties

~kaze