[chaoscope] Re: Some Questions from a Newbie

  • From: "steve banhegyi" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 19:56:39 +0200

A really great program and such inspirational images. Would love the ability
to navigate in 3d around the object without it having to redraw with every
changed POV but I suppose that a poor little 3GHz processor couldn't keep up
with with that.

--
Steve Banhegyi
Steve Banhegyi & Associates

On 22/06/06, D. Hennen <dhorders@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello, I'm new to Chaoscope and to this list. I am falling in love with this program, but I've become very confused about how to add color. I've found some "random" gradients that I would have liked to save but the gradient "save" options always grayed out. Why? Where were the gradient presets made, or more to the point, is there a gradient editor hidden somewhere? The randomizer, as well as the default Plasma gradient produce images with many color points and I would like to produce more complex coloring myself instead of relying on chance How do I get back to the default grey-scale gradient after I have tried another? I don't find a black-white gradient listed in the presets, just a plain black which, or course, just turns the image black. And lastly, are there setting for the lights in solid mode that will produce a grey-scale image that still looks solid? I've tried a bunch of combinations, but either still have some of the baby blue or (kinda yukky) beige showing, or the image looses solidity. Thanks in advance for your help. Oh, and if the answer is no, there isn't a gradient editor, then that is my addition to the next version wish list! Thanks Roni ====================================================== The Chaoscope mailing-list Archives : //www.freelists.org/archives/chaoscope Admin contact : chaoscope@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx Web site : http://www.chaoscope.org======================================================