[carceri-dev] Re: Inventory and Equipment Issues

  • From: Kornel Kisielewicz <charon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: carceri-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Jun 2005 18:22:28 +0200

Santiago Zapata wrote:
> I would go for the hybrid aproach.

Currently I went for the hardcoded approach. Yet I found an alternative
that I will share in the future.

> power it up properly, else people will feel they aren't using the true
> power of the engine if they dont script their own UI routines.. (yeah,
> its only inventory and equipment now... but you will be corrupted and
> tempted soon!! :| ;) )

Currently I plan on two choices when it comes to handling inventory:

a) Letter choice vs. Menu choice
b) Screen-size(limited) vs. Many (up to 255 items).

Any other "basic" choices to be made?

> Define some EquipmentSlots for the creatures, they can be directly the
> bodyparts (if carceri uses them), or just abstract slots...

But this represents a problem in combat -- which slot to use to deal
damage? Which ones are attacking slots? etc...

> Yeah... beware Lua man, this project is unique because of the data
> driven machination!!!

Yup. I noticed that ;-).
--
At your service,