<CT> senior seminar desperation (very OT)

  • From: mwenechanga@xxxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 01:58:02 GMT

Hi folks, remember me?
I've been lurking and kind of reading this list, be it
ever so quiet now...

A brief update on my life for those of you interested:
I'm married now, to a lovely young lady who loves me
very much.
I had an apartment, but with school and all we're now
living with my grandmother until I can get a real job.
Things are coming along well, I'm hoping to get my BSc
in Computer science in June...

Therein lies the rub.
I had a senior seminar project thought out, and I wrote
a ten page paper last quarter describing the project.  I
gave my paper to the advisor and he said it was fine.
Last week, first week of classes for this quarter, he
and I discussed my progress and he basically said that
my project had no significance in computer science and
my progress was entirely unsatisfatory.  Read: he never
read the *&% paper.

I would continue on with my project and tell him to stuff
it, except that I've realised that it's far too ambitious
and unrealistic.  Not only will I have my advisor's opinion
against me, but I won't be abl to complete it on schedule.

So, I've come to the conclusion that I must pick a new
topic, in C/C++ and complete two weeks worth of coding
and documentation by this thursday in order to get back
on schedule.

I don't even know where to begin.