<CT> Re: calmira_tips Digest V2 #83

  • From: "Norm Meunier" <nmeunier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2001 00:28:56 -0400

On 4/22/01 at 11:28 PM GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx wrote:

><CT> Looking For Win3.x App
>
>If you don't want to use Write, the simple word processor
>included with Win31, I'd try either Yeah Write or Letter Writer.

>I can't remember where I found Yeah Write, but there should be d/ls=
 available from
>ZDNet or CNET.

I do remember seeing that program on ZDNet... I didn't download it yet.

>Letter Writer is pretty good, I use it quite a bit.

Oh, I've never heard of that one.

>If prodded I could send a split file installer via email, but it would=
 take probably
>2 or more emails, most email servers only allow up to 1 meg attachments.

Well, I wouldn't want to impose, really (although I may take you up on that=
 offer if I can't find anything soon).

>The other I've used is part of a "suite" from the old, now defunct,=
 Spinnaker Software group, called PFS WindowWorks.

I vaguely remember hearing about this one...

>I could also send the install files via email, 4 emails or more.  If=
 interested, let me know via the list or private email to GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx

Thanks again, Glenn.  Let me get back to you on that offer.

I already have a copy of Works for Windows (on about 3 floppies, as I=
 recall), but since this program is intended for my brother, who isn't too=
 computer savvy, I'd like to find something rather simple without the=
 "clutter" of the Works suite interface.  (The database and communication=
 stuff would just add to more confusion for him.)

I'll check out "Yeah Write" first, and see if it fits the bill.  (I'm=
 hoping the program can fit on one, maybe two floppies.)  Thanks again for=
 you help, Glenn.

- Norm -