<CT> Re: WinMe and DOS 8.0

  • From: Bob Groves <Bob@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 14:57:46 +0000

At 18/12/2000 13:42:00, you wrote:

>> Yes, good old DOS is still located in the COMMAND folder,
>> though you can't boot into like you used to (unless you have
>> an old floppy handy).
>
>Wrong! See http://www.geocities.com/mfd4life_2000/
>WinMe says it has DOS 8.0!!!
>Maybe someone could try to run Win 3.x (and Calmira) on it?

Yes, I know about that patch. It was mentioned in a copy of PC-PLUS
magazine (I think?) in the UK some time ago. Nice idea, but what I
meant was that you can't normally boot back to DOS as an option on
the 'Start' menu shutdown screen.

DOS 8 eh?! Interesting. Maybe just a renumber for identification purposes??

Thanks.

---
Bob Groves

'The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius
has its limits' (Albert Einstein)