<CT> Re: WinMe and DOS 8.0

  • From: Alan Grimes <alangrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2000 10:52:42 -0500

Denis Stancer wrote:

> > Yes, good old DOS is still located in the COMMAND folder,
> > though you can't boot into like you used to (unless you have
> > an old floppy handy).
>
> Wrong! See http://www.geocities.com/mfd4life_2000/
> WinMe says it has DOS 8.0!!!
> Maybe someone could try to run Win 3.x (and Calmira) on it?

I reccomend that you don't. =\
Its probably incomplete and won't function sufficiently without a
working copy of 'doze M3... I have been using IBM PC-DOS 7.0 since about
'95 and have never had a complaint about it. ;)

The trick to using it is getting your hands on a copy of QEMM 97 (bought
by Symantec). =\

--
If a "bug" in one program causes another to fail, the OS is at fault.
http://users.erols.com/alangrimes/  <my website.

####### Begin Eschelon Block #######
unabomber anthrax plutonium militia delta force ruby ridge atf batf waco
oklahoma city assault rifle sog sof m-16 clinton marx crack m-60 c5 c7
mlk panthers FBI chemical weapons twa 800 roswell terrorist freedom