<CT> Re: Win3.x Booting Time on Pentiums

  • From: Ross Nelson <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2001 07:13:48 -0500

>  hint.  Despite the fact that I no longer have a PC running Calmira or=
>  Window 3.1 in my home, I still like to keep tabs on any new developments.

I also have left the Calmira userbase.  I took our Acer and my 486 apart
for parts
yesterday.  I never use the 486, and I'm getting a laptop pre-installed
with Linux on
it (shipping today if the guy doesn't forget).

>  seconds.  Now that we have 1GHz processors (or more) in the marketplace, I=
>  was curious if anyone out there has loaded Windows 3.x onto their=
>  super-fast PCs, and what the boot timeframe would be.

That would rock to have Win3 on a 1.7ghz processor with about 4gb of RAM.  :)

Ross

Ross Nelson
Email: coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MSN:   coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx