<CT> Win3.x Booting Time on Pentiums

  • From: "Norm Meunier" <nmeunier@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 02:24:43 -0400

On 7/22/01 at 3:30 PM GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx wrote:

>The Calmira users group is one of the friendliest
>bunch of users I've ever been associated with, ....  This
>group is by far the most helpful when it comes to running anything Win3X
>related.

...almost like drinking buddies.... without the booze <grin>.  But=
 seriously though, I have to agree wholeheartedly with the above statement.=
  Even when I quietly lurking from week to week, I really enjoy=
 investigating some of the URLs provided by members or the odd helpful=
 hint.  Despite the fact that I no longer have a PC running Calmira or=
 Window 3.1 in my home, I still like to keep tabs on any new developments.

And speaking of Win3.x, I remember years ago, when a Pentium 166Mhz was=
 considered fairly fast, that in the computer sales/repair shop I worked=
 in, we loaded Windows 3.11 onto it, and I was amazed at how much faster it=
 booted up than with Window '95.  Actually, it booted in a matter of=
 seconds.  Now that we have 1GHz processors (or more) in the marketplace, I=
 was curious if anyone out there has loaded Windows 3.x onto their=
 super-fast PCs, and what the boot timeframe would be.

-Norm-