<CT> Re: Start > Run > Browse freezes computer

  • From: Jason Bees <jason.bees@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2001 00:10:54 +0000

Matt wrote:
>Hi all,
>I noticed a couple of weeks ago that when I tried to browse for a file to
>run in the Run box, my computer froze and I had to 3 finger out.  The 3
>finger screen says that Calmira has stopped working and I have to close
>it.  I have tried again several times, always with the same results.  Is
>this a problem with anybody else or is it my computer causing the
>problems?

I used to suffer a similar problem with the Run dialog box - about one out
of three times when I tried to use that dialog the system crashed (usually
leaving the dialog box half drawn), but I was lucky if I was able to use
Ctrl-Alt-Del to recover. At the time I was using an S3 Virge DX graphics
card. I don't know if that was causing the problem but I know it caused
graphical glitches and crashes with other programs such as Word 6 and IFA.
I've changed my graphics card since but I don't use the run dialog box now
so I don't know if that problem has been solved.

HTH,
Jason