<CT> Re: Someone Correct Me If There's A Non-fWG 3.1

  • From: Billy Wong <bhs1989@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 11:53:53 -0500

On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:01:17 -0600 "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> Windows 3.1 is the standard version of Windows 3.1x.  One user,
> simple use, etc.  Windows 3.11, actually called Windows for
WorkGroups...
(?!?)

   I think what Hilary was referring to was the update to just
stand-alone Windows, which is what I am using.  Not the Windows for
Workgroups 3.11, which is obviously very different in certain areas.  My
point: Win3.11 and WfWg3.11 are NOT one and the same.  (If you believe
they are, how come we stand-alone Win3.11 users don't have those extra
"network" utilities Ross described?)

   Want to download Win3.11?  Get it here:

        ftp.microsoft.com/softlib/mslfiles/ww0981.exe

   The main difference you will see is in the Microsoft "About" dialog
boxes which will say Microsoft Windows 3.11 (c)1985-1993.

   Another note: The Update does NOT update the Win3.1 opening splash
screen.  However, I DO have the patch file somewhere that has the correct
Win3.11 splash screen and will post it on my web page as soon as I can
find it.

   ___Billy Wong___
   BHS1989@xxxxxxxx
   http://www.geocities.com/billythekid1602445