<CT> Someone Correct Me If There's A Non-fWG 3.1

  • From: "Ross Nelson" <coutcin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 08:01:17 -0600

>Pls forgive a newbie query- but I have WIN 3.1- what is the diff between
>that and 3.11? And is there a place I could dnld 3.11 should it be
>advantageous to do so?

Hilary:

(I'm going to try to word this for non-computer-literate people since I have
no clue if you are or not)

Windows 3.1 is the standard version of Windows 3.1x.  One user, simple use,
etc.  Windows 3.11, actually called Windows for WorkGroups, includes many
extra utilities, such as MS Mail, Schedule+, Chat (winchat...still on
Windows NT :) ), network monitoring applications, Remote Access (for using
another computer remotely, or yours remotely (can't remember)), and more.
Basically, it adds software that you don't need unless you have a network
set up in your home (2+ computers connected to each other to share printers,
files, internet connections, etc).  There may also be increased stability,
but I have no proof of that.  I just remember hearing something like it
somewhere.  :-\

Ross