<CT> Re: Some user's input please!

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:17:37 +0100

Alexander Wenzel wrote:

> pleasepleaseplease NO "make shortcut".
> It's one of the things I hate most in Win 9x/NT,
> as I'm so busy deleting all those accidentally made shortcuts.
> Everythin else would be fine.

Don't worry :)

I've already settled on the following behaviour:

* Default is set defalut (drag or copy)
* SHIFT forces Move
* CTRL forces Copy
* ALT makes a shortcut

I just finished redoing the cursor behaviour; now the cursor always
tells you what is going to happen. Dragging over the desktop or other
programs no longer requires the AnimCursor setting, so no more cursor
flickering.

Future plan: drag *from* Start Menu dialog to desktop or icon window to
make shortcut/alias.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter