<CT> Some user's input please!

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 15:49:55 +0100

I need your input!

I am working on changing the Explorer's Drag&Drop behaviour, but I am
not sure if this is a welcome change. As usual, I am trying to make the
behaviour match that of win 9x, which works as follows:

drag with no keys:
  MOVES to the same drive
  COPIES to another drive
when draggin exe's
  MAKE SHORTCUT

drag with keys:
  CTRL forces COPY
  SHIFT forces MOVE

I am inclined to at least inplement the 'drag with keys' behaviour, but
that means possibly losing the current behaviour of swapping copy/move
with the right mouse button.

also, 'create alias' with shift will have to move to Alt, but that is
already assigned to Swap copy/move as well, which I want to keep
(instead if right mouse button).

So... what do YOU want? Which of Calmira's current behaviour do you use
least?

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter