<CT> Re: <OT> Folder Windows

  • From: Norm Finch <NormF@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2003 12:26:20 -0600

Martin B. Brilliant wrote, after quoting me:

> > Shall we dance, or go another round?
> > [As Foghorn Leghorn observed, "That's a joke ...

> Pardon my age, but I believe that was Senator Claghorn, ... or kc, as they
> were then called).
>
> ... other characters,
> among them one "Digger" O'Dell, the friendly undertaker...
>                                                 Marty

[quote edited to please the Ecartis moderator ... hopefully]

Do I remember those, Marty?  Well, yes and no.  As a kid, the radio
was my dad's, and he listened to news, not Fred Allen.  So I didn't
discover Fred until after I'd grown up.  Jack Benny I remember well,
but that was from watching his TV program, not from his radio days.  I
do remember well when kc became KHz, however.  I'd taken a
semi-passing fancy to ham radio about then.

For me, Foghorn was that pushy chicken with the big mouth on Warner
Bros.
cartoons.  He was the one I happened to be quoting in this case ...
not that I need to tell you that, but just for the record.  :-)

To tell you the truth, Digger I don't remember real well either.  But
I do remember Foghorn's alter ego, and that Maxwell of Jack's that he
created on the show.

To the rest of you kids on the list, pardon the off-topic patter of
Marty
and I and our reminiscing.  We'll go away now and be good.  <grin>

Regards,
Norm
--
   "The chief virtue that language can have is clearness." -
Hippocrates