<CT> Re: <OT> Folder Windows

  • From: "Martin B. Brilliant" <mbrilliant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 01 Feb 2003 08:46:58 -0500

On Sat, 01 Feb 2003 00:48:16 -0600, Norm Finch <NormF@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Shall we dance, or go another round?
> [As Foghorn Leghorn observed, "That's a joke ... I say, that's a joke,
> son."]

Pardon my age, but I believe that was Senator Claghorn, a denizen of
Allen's Alley, an imaginary place regulatly visited on the Fred Allen
radio show, Sunday nights on CBS. I heard it on the New York station,
then called WABC, 880 KHz (or kc, as they were then called).

You might do a web search and find some of the other characters,
among them one "Digger" O'Dell, the friendly undertaker. That was
Digby O'Dell, not "Digger." I know; I listened every Sunday night,
for years. It was after the Jack Benny show, on NBC. The two
comedians pretended a rivalry that boosted the audience for both
shows. It would have been unthinkable to air them at the same time
competitively.

                                                Marty
Martin B. Brilliant at home in Holmdel, NJ