<CT> Re: Is anybody still there?

  • From: audioaficionado@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 08 Sep 2004 19:36:00 -0700

On 7 Sep 2004 at 16:59, Stuart Pinel wrote:

> This is certainly the biggest gap between messages I can ever remember!
> Just to ask, I have recently aquired a B&W laptop as a fun project to do up.
> Calmira blacks out certain lines in B&W modes.  It is quite liveable with,
> but does anyone have any advice?
>
> Thanks
>
> SP
> --

I have an AOpen AX6LC 333MHz PII with 256Mb RAM and a 16Mb
TNT Riva card with wfw3.11 drivers.  I also found a cool utility that
worked with my old Trident 975 card that allows you to have win9x
monitor power management in wfw3.11.  I hope to get it working
with my TNT card.  This rig is sure faster than my 486/66DX2.

I've been just using the native 3.11 GUI for now.  Might play with
Calmira later.  That 16Mb video card should be able to do some
nice high resolution desktops.

};o)

Steve