<CT> Re: Good word processor?

  • From: changa mwene <mwenechanga@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2003 20:14:31 -0700

> Anyway, if you can't get hold of MS Word or hard disk space is
> really an issue, you can also install Textmaker 2000, which is free
(for
> home use, IIRC) and exists in a stable 16bit version. It is able to
> handle all standard formats.
I have another similar situation, my mother is in Africa right now, and
she
needs a word processor on her machine.  (ok, well, not that similar then)
I have Word6.0, but I'd have to snail-mail it to her because it's on
those
peculiar 1.7meg disks, so I can't just copy the files off -- unless
someone
has a utility to get around that or something.
I also can't find textmaker anywhere on the web, except a 30-day trial
version.  If someone has the free home version, or can tell me where to
get it, I'd like to try that.
As far as taking notes on a laptop goes, I always used edit.com in DOS.
It supports all your standard features such as <b>bold</b>,
<i>italics</i>
etc. as long as you type them by hand in html. :)
That way, I could start typing in <30 seconds from turning it on.