<CT> Re: Calmira II 3.2 Hangs and CTL3D.DLLs

  • From: GLENNRPH@xxxxxxx
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 15:40:04 EST

Klaus,
Ross is correct about the ZIP, it contains both (anyway mine does) CTL3D.DLL
and
CTL3DV2.DLL...might try renaming any CTL3D files in your \windows\system
directory to something else for backup purposes, then unzip the CTL3D.ZIP
contents
into your windows/system directory.  As for the error messages you received,
it
sounds like Calmira is running into problems with some other application also
trying
to load at Windows startup.  Or, it could also be a corrupted installation.
So, copy
your START.INI and CALMIRA.INI files to a backup directory somewhere, then do
a complete re-install.  Also, might use a text editor or reader and examine
the files
WIN.INI, and SYSTEM.INI...look and see what apps are being loaded at Windows
start.  Then, look at the startup group, see if if contains anything.  The
other thing to
try is a COMPLETE REBUILD of the Start Menu in Calmira.  One last thing to
check
on, version 3.2 does not use the old FOLDER.BAT and OPEN.BAT files...rename
these to FOLDER.TAB and OPEN.TAB for "backup" purposes, in case you wish
to install an older version of Calmira.  This should leave you with one BATCH
file
for launching DOS programs, etc., named START.BAT.  If I think of any other
possible problems I'll let you know.  But it does sound like something else
is trying
to start at same time as Calmira, trying to use the same addresses in
memory...
the "usual" culprits to this are apps loaded in WIN.INI from a RUN=APP.EXE or
LOAD=APP.EXE line, where APP.EXE is the application giving problems, and the
most common one causing problems, in my experience, have been other toolbar
and
app launching programs.
Good Luck!
Glenn