<CT> Re: Calmira II 3.2 Hangs and CTL3D.DLLs

  • From: Klaus.Osswald@xxxxxxxxxxx (Klaus J. Osswald)
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2002 22:55:06 -0800

HI GLENN,

thanks a bundle for your thoughtful efforts,
right now, however, situation is this:

Out of intuitution & experience I did a 'scandisk' yesterday night.
The result:

8 directories entries FAT chains were truncated.
4 invalid directory entries were corrected.
1 crosslink was corrected.
51 lost clusters were saved as files.

Amongst those damaged files were the
Calmira/start.ini
Calmira/bmpcache.bmp
Calmira/imgindex.dat

After that I did a fresh installation of 3.2 into it's new 'default' directory
/programms/calmira
rebooted, went in again (ok) did somehting with netscape, left . . .but it hung
again.
Next time after reboot I did another scandisk but again had a desastreous
result:

29 directories entries FAT chains truncated
21 invalid directory entries were truncated
1 crosslink was corrected
2 lost clusters were saved as files.

This time the damage did 100% refer to netscape/cache files

After that hickup I decided to do a complete reinstallation from a C:\backup on
ZIP disk with previous (beta) version of Calmira on it.
Since that I don't have any problem !!!.

So right now 3.2 is off & out. Possibly try to give it another try later on, but
only the
plain update version then.

Thanks for assistance, I thought I give you quick note of  how things have
developed so that
you won't spent any more time with it.

Klaus