<CT> Re: :(

  • From: Erwin Dokter <edokter@xxxxxxx>
  • To: calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 17:14:24 +0100

Ross Nelson wrote:

> Now, on to the ":(".  Erwin, I finally found a bug in Calmira.  I got a
> GraphLink cable (for transfering programs/strings to/from TI calculators)
> for Christmas.  Whenever I try to shutdown Windows (keeping comp on 24/7),
> it won't close if connect8.exe is loaded.

Hi Ross,

This doesn't sound like Calmira at fault here. First try to see if the
problem is there with Program Manager as the shell.

> Also, does Calmira extrememly slow down the boot process for any of you?
> [...] But, it was progman. I
> put Calmira on, as any loyal Calmirite would do, but now I wait 1-2 minutes
> for the login dialog, and another 1-2 for the icons and taskbar to load.
> Has it always been like this, or is it a new problem on my computer?

Calmira loads in about 3 seconds on my machine. I think it is a new
problem. Again, switch to Program manager to see if it loads any faster.
Maybe that new program installed a driver in system.ini that takes so
long to load.

-- Erwin Dokter
   mailto:edokter@xxxxxxx
   http://members.home.nl/edokter