<CT> News for Opera users!

  • From: "John" <spyder@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <calmira_tips@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 01:33:38 -0500

Hello All,

I subscribe to Fred Langas' Langa List, he discusses various topics
regarding computers in general.  Tonight he discussed news of Opera and
thought some of you maybe interested.  This news does not directly effect
the Windows 3.1 version of Opera yet.

Good News: Opera is no longer shareware!  The bad news is....  Now Opera is
Banner-Adware.  The Win9x version supports newer technology, even comes with
an instant messaging client based on ICQ.  The windows 3.1 version is still
shareware, however I get the impression that it may become ad-ware soon.

If interested and want to read everything Fred Langa has to say about Opera
5.0 goto http://www.langa.com/newsletters/2000/2000-12-14.htm#1

Sorry if this is a bit OT.

John
Webmaster of Spyder Mania