Re: [calibrebooks] Future

  • From: "peter wilkins" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "goodsound" for DMARC)
  • To: calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 14:27:27 +0100

Hello Abdul.

You may choose to have all the modern technology, but there will be many people who don't. I have computers, and various other talking book devices, but I value Calibre, and it is still my preferred source for books. rNIB Overdrive doesn't work on my computer, and the latest device, Bumble Bee, from British Wireless for the Blind, which does have full access to the RNIB Talking Book Library, is only for those who qualify by being on means-tested benefits, so I cannot get one as they are not selling them.

I still very much prefer my books read in a human voice, not a digital voice.

By all means enjoy the facilities you have, but don't forget those who have no computer systems at all and who value services such as Calibre.

Peter

To leave the list, send a message to: calibrebooks-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with faq as the Subject.
Contact The Owner calibrebooks-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx