Re: [calibrebooks] Future

  • From: "peter wilkins" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "goodsound" for DMARC)
  • To: calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 04 Aug 2017 15:15:56 +0100

Hello Liz.

Will the new download service work with Victor Reader Stream?

As I said in an earlier e-mail, I still prefer Calibre books for my reading, although I am also a member of the RNIB Talking Book Service, but I find that they do not stick to my book lists, whereas Calibre do.

If I want to, I have other ways of reading. I use an Optacon reading machine, so could theoretically borrow any book from any public library, although it would take time to read, and would mean that I would have to sit at a desk with my arm in a fixed position for all the time I was reading.

I also have a very good talking scanner, and although it has a very good synthetic voice, I would still prefer books to be read to me in a human voice.

Finally, I am a competent Braille reader, but have given up my membership of the Braille library in protest at the forced introduction of Unified English Braille. I still have a number of Braille books which I bought some years ago, in proper Braille, which I will one day get round to reading.

Best wishes,

Peter

To leave the list, send a message to: calibrebooks-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
with faq as the Subject.