[calibrebooks] Re: What are...

  • From: Margaret Caisey <magscais@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <calibrebooks@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2014 12:11:52 +0100

I'm reading a modern fiction book called "The House We Grew Up In". It's a
very, very long book. I am on the last few chapters (I think!) several times
I've thought it must be close to conclusion, but still it runs ....

It held my attention for a very long time, now I just want to reach the end!

It's a story about a family called Bird who grow up in a rambling big house
with their (very!) eccentric Mother. A tragic event takes place early on and
the rest of all their lives is influenced by it. At times, the plot is
unbelievable and highly unlikely, but if you like family sagas, then give it a
go!

The House We Grew Up in by Lisa Jewell.

I love reading about the books you are all reading!

Best regards, Margaret C.