[cad-linux] Re: virus amung us

  • From: Dave Coventry <draw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Linux CAD group <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 03 Sep 2003 00:07:50 +0200

Yes, sorry, meant to say (before my previous message was sent
inadvertently when a pop-up stole the focus from the message I was
typing) that I do have a W98 box which I use for IntelliCAD (and
assorted 1st person shoot-em-ups) but which doesn't have unfettered
access to the internet. Sooner I can transfer to Linux the better.

In the mean time I do have an email address which has somehow been
kidnapped and slave-traded on to various spammers, some of whom do
appear to have been inflicted by the Sobig virus. What a shame!

Suffice to say that I have been inundated with Sobig emails and also
been sent close to 50 'No one at this address' and 'Your email has a
virus attached' return Daemon emails. As my internet connection is
through Evolution on Debian, I can be reasonably confident that these
are the product of the virus 'spoofing' the return email.

Anyway, good luck on finding the cause......

Dave