[cad-linux] Re: virus amung us

  • From: "Tomas" <tomas2@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2003 16:02:24 +0300

> i'd like to take a moment to ask those posting to the list with an MS
operating
> system to check themselves for the SoBig virus.  we have recieved a couple
of
> notices overnight so this seems to be a recent infection.

How can this be? I haven't got any sobig infected mails from this list,
is the freelists.org server stopping them, and then it sends a notice only
to you personally?
AFAIK all sobig variants contains an attached file, that the user needs to
run to get the infection, and in fact I don't see any attachments at all in
any mails posted to this list in at least one year(?).

The W32.Sobig.F@mm variant is also spoofing the "from" header in the sent
mails -is it possible that someone got mail(s) that seems to come from this
list, but in reality they dont?
http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/w32.sobig.f@xxxxxxx

(Just curious.)

Tomas