[cad-linux] Re: simple yet powerful 3d cad for newbie

  • From: Maurizio Ferrari <mferrari@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2002 09:04:49 +0200

"Captain H. Bruce Hartgers" wrote:

> Honest to goodness:
>
> Gaudi?!?  Sounds v e r y interesting.
>
> If your wife doesn't like the designs, divorce her and build it.  Better yet
> f--! her,
> ,,,,,,before and after building it.-)
>
> On a serious note (for those who want to think I'm kidding) isn't a full
> featured Corel Draw available for Linux?
>
> It was offered me by Corel as a free DownLoad a couple of year's ago but that
> may have been because I'm a long time registered Corel Draw user.
>
> If you can't get it and want it, let me know and I'll give geting it for you a
> go.

Corel Draw for Linux is in my opinion not useable.
We have bought it, and it has so many bugs it's a joke. The only things
it is worth for, is to open .cdr files and convert them to something
readable in other Linux packages, e.g. .dxf. So, if you need 2D
drafting, better look somewhere else. IMHO Varicad is currently the best
package for Linux as it does 3D and 2D, and won't cost you a fortune
(even though I think my wife would rather spend the money on furniture
than on CAD packages :-) )

HP's ME10 is not available anymore I think.

Regards
Maurizio
--
Galileo Engineering
Via Zacchetti 6

Slot.it is a trademark of Galileo Engineering