[cad-linux] architecture CAD-

  • From: Álvaro Castro <alvcastro@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 20:50:30 +0100 (CET)

Hi!

My name is Álvaro (I'm new to this list). I'm from
Spain and I'm studing architecture at the Universidad
Polítecnica de Madrid (ETSAM).

I'm trying to start in the linux CAD world because i
want to use this OS for programming (c++) and other
things. Since I need to work a lot with CAD and C++ I
can't restart windows for every CAD operation...

what I would like to do is to contact with any
architect or person that could help me about choosing
a good set of graphic tools to start learning and
working...

I'm thinking about this:

CAD: varicad

Image & Graphic Design: gimp and any good vector
graphics program with good printing options

3d: houdini (or maya? ->I don't know how to get it and
i can't pay 6000$)

This is for a good working flow of the projects...

THANK YOU VERY MUCH... and nice to meet you.

-alvaro-castro-castilla-

Yahoo! Messenger
Descárgalo ya desde http://messenger.yahoo.es