[cad-linux] Re: Proposed task list for linuxCad group - availability

  • From: <alvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:33:28 -0800 (PST)

hi ya kim

> > 2) Develop a list of all the currently available Linux CAD packages.

not a simple task... and is always changing...

i have my list ... from my own prowling around over the years
        http://www.Linux-CAE.net/CAD
but have noticed some new stuff floating around
        - easy enough to add more urls/packages

> > Assign them to people to review and report back to the group.  To make
> > decisions on how to proceed, we need to know the basics of what is
> > available: code layout, code stability, base format, what it does, etc.
> > Maybe we need to work in teams to do this so that each part gets
> > covered.

a link for "detailed reviews" is good idea ..

> > 5) Put infrastructure in place to support a project being worked on by
> > our team.  We need a revision control system, a website, a bugsite,
> > etc.

ah.... the big problem/lots o options of trying to get n-people to all do
their work on one server..
        - i can contribute a dedicated cad server if it is needed

> > 6) Somewhere along the line, announce that the linux cad group exists.
> > Tell them what our mandate is and that we are looking for people to
> > contribute.

people will find you/us .... just add ourself to google

> > Your thoughts and feedback are welcome.

lots o work ...

c ya
alvin