[cad-linux] Re: Proposed task list for linuxCad group

  • From: <alvin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 13:40:57 -0800 (PST)

hi ya kim

> >     - everybody can use their own domain names fo their choice
> >     as a mirror  ( should not be an issue ? )
>
> Not initially.

even initailly using mirrors is a good thing..
        - lots more google hits .. easier for people to find us

> > - since not everybody is in the ml... i assume there is a
> >   searchable mailserver archive with all the past emails
> >     - if its NOT searchable... readig thru xxx,000 of emails is
> >     sorta counterproductive
>
> I don't know a thing about what you are discussing.  I can't comment.

not everybody ( new people ) is currently in the mailing list
and usually, questions are answered in previous emails
and FAQs and websites etc..etc..
        - mailing lists should be searchable to be useful

> > - getting google/yahoo hits is important too for "keywork searches"
> >     - i went poking around for varkon sources and struck out
>
> I agree. Actually, if we want publicity, all we have to do is compose an
> article for desktoplinux and slashdot and we'll get lots of it.
> However, I think we should get some things more or less figured out
> before we get barraged. Maybe not though ?  I'd like to see what sort of
> commitment people in this group are willing to give.  Too many cooks
> spoil the stew.  If we can get a few of the organizational decisions
> ironed out before "going public", that would be great.

people will come and go .... ongoing change of scene .. and people..
        - time constraints, $$$ constraints, technology contraints,
        family and vacations always make for project management fun

- i doubt we'd get barraged by incoming queries and "hey can you do this"
  sorta thing... and add this feature and that feature...
        - they;d just have to add their "wish list features" to the specs
        and wait for the coders to get a "round tuit" and/or write
        the code themself

have fun
alvin