[cad-linux] Re: GraphiteOne 1.2 Release

  • From: john kosty <john_kosty@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cad-linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 13:52:55 -0800 (PST)

In hindsight, I should have kept that GPL comment to
myself.  Kudos to Thomas and Fast AG for their time
and effort in providing for the Linux community.  And
I apologize for appearing ungrateful.

Unfortunately over the years I have had to kiss
several very promising CAD solutions good-bye.  Once
they appeared on the radar of other bigger companies,
they were bought and dismantled or crushed.  Very
similar to what happened in the Browser Wars -- over
which many scars have never healed ;-)  .  Getting
back from the melodramatic, I would love to see my
current package of choice offered on Linux and would
gladly pay for its continued use.  It is pricey but
worth it.  Unfortunately, the freemarket tends to, in
the medium term, yield fewer solutions rather than
more.

Again, this is a personal "beef" [though with many
sympathizers throughout the industry] and is not meant
to sling mud in the direction of those who are giving
us what we have been asking for.

Best,

John K.