[bvipilots] screenreader help for navigating IYP

  • From: "Adam B. Shaible" <adam.shaible@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2012 18:36:40 -0700

Hello,
I was loading an already made flight to demonstrate for a couple of friends.  I
had the flight loaded, ready to go.  Then I activated IYP and opened the
options panel.  I set the microphone switch so I could demonstrate with a
speaker in the room.  Can't have other passengers without it! (lol)
I made the mistake of activating the switch too soon.  I should have waited to
let the system restart before doing that.
I know the simplest way is to uninstall and reinstall, which is what I will do.
 But when I do a demmo, what is the way I can get to the options panel should
this happen again?  I tried alt-tabbing to the IYP program, but MS flight
simulator took over the area of program focus.  I use both Window-Eyes and or
NVDA.  The keystrokes are simillar to Jaws on NVDA.
Please help!  Also, when I can get to IYP, the keys, alt-o don't give option
panel access either.
I hope I gave you all some good detail.  And I thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Adam Shaible
Adam B. Shaible, M.A., N.O.M.C.
Phone: 424 558-6312