[bvipilots] No responses from ATC, help please

  • From: "Ray Dunmeyer, rxd" <rxd.inc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <rxd.inc@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 05:14:37 -0400

Hi, all,

I created a IFR flight plan from Seattle-Tacoma Intl to San Francisco Intl
flying a Boeing 737-800. After my CP says "Its your plane", I say the
following:

"Extended Help Off."

"Blind Pilot Mode On."

"Auto-Altimeter On."

"Audible Command Confirmations On."

"Deactivate Advanced Mode."

"Deactivate ATC Responses."

"I'd like you to handle the landing."

I can't hear any weather or IFR clearance, so I can't set the heading or
Altitude and the Squawk Code.

Here are the file names from my saved flight plan:

IFR Seattle-Tacoma Intl to San Francisco Intl - firstFlight.FLT

IFR Seattle-Tacoma Intl to San Francisco Intl - firstFlight.FSSAVE

IFR Seattle-Tacoma Intl to San Francisco Intl - firstFlight.WX

IFR Seattle-Tacoma Intl to San Francisco Intl.PLN

I'm new at all of this. I have read all of the docs. Am I missing something?
Please help.

Thanks,

Ray.