[bvipilots] Re: No responses from ATC, help please

  • From: Brian Moore <bmoore@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2013 06:22:27 -0400

Hi. I have had this happen as well sometimes. in my case, in fsx under settings, there is a setting to control which sound device on my computer the voice comes out of.

ONce in a while, this will loose its mind and get set to "default voice device" and not come out of my realtek card where I have told it to come from. when this happens, I get no audible responses from atc at all.

only thing that seems to fix it is to go into settings, reset the sound cards to where I want them and restart fsx.

Sorry, I don't have a brilliant fix for this but you are not the only one.
Brian.

On 4/20/2013 5:14 AM, Ray Dunmeyer, rxd wrote:
Hi, all,

I created a IFR flight plan from Seattle-Tacoma Intl to San Francisco
Intl flying a Boeing 737-800. After my CP says “Its your plane”, I say
the following:

“Extended Help Off.”

“Blind Pilot Mode On.”

“Auto-Altimeter On.”

“Audible Command Confirmations On.”

“Deactivate Advanced Mode.”

“Deactivate ATC Responses.”

“I’d like you to handle the landing.”

I can’t hear any weather or IFR clearance, so I can’t set the heading or
Altitude and the Squawk Code.

Here are the file names from my saved flight plan:

IFR Seattle-Tacoma Intl to San Francisco Intl - firstFlight.FLT

IFR Seattle-Tacoma Intl to San Francisco Intl - firstFlight.FSSAVE

IFR Seattle-Tacoma Intl to San Francisco Intl - firstFlight.WX

IFR Seattle-Tacoma Intl to San Francisco Intl.PLN

I’m new at all of this. I have read all of the docs. Am I missing
something? Please help.

Thanks,

Ray.

--