[bvipilots] Re: Need some landing VFR advice.

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 14:51:14 -0700

Hi,

I have 2 main questions:

QUESTION 1:
I have tried to stress in about 10 different ways, that one conducts the
approach checklist as you're approaching the runway about 2,000 feet AGL.
So why are you executing the approach checklist at 17,000 feet? Where in
the documentation does it state that you should conduct the approach
checklist before the descent checklist has even completed, because I need
to fix that error as soon as possible? Thanks for your help in this regards.

QUESTION 2:
Why are you contacting local traffic a Chicago Midway, when there's a
Tower? I'm reading the documentation entitled:

Performing a Visual Approach at a Towered Airport

and it clearly states you are to contact the Tower. Please explain... I'm
confused. Again, if the documentation is in error, please let me know ASAP.
Thanks.

Thanks a lot.

Robert