[bvipilots] Re: Need some landing VFR advice.

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 15:33:27 -0700

Hi,

REGARDING:  Well at times Michelle will state a message on the lines, it’s
a good idel to start the approach checklist now.

She will only do this when she has started the Visual Approach. SHe will
never say that at 17,000 feet.

REGARDING:  When the ATC tells me the runway assignment is when I normally
do the approach checklist.

Where in the documentation does it say that you should execute the approach
checklist when ATC provides you with the runway assignment? I need to fix
this error ASAP. Please advise.

REGARDING: Could it be because this was a VFR landing Robert?
This is not a VFR flight. All IYP-VA flights are IFR flights. The approach
into Chicago is an IFR Visual Approach. It is explained in excruciating
detail under the SimpleATC heading entitled:

Performing a Visual Approach at a Towered Airport

Are you unable to access that page? Please advise.

Regards,

Robert