[bvipilots] Re: Need some landing VFR advice.

  • From: "Ron Kolesar" <kolesar16417@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 18:24:46 -0400

Hey robert.
When you’re working on fixing the problem.
If we’re not suppose to attempt to get the atis info until after we’ve recevied
all of our landing info from the tower, Could you move the atis command when
we’re landing?
Currently Just after we start our descent, Michelle with tell us to switch to
ATIS to get the local weather.
You once told me that in the real world this isn’t performed until after we’ve
recived all of our landing info from the local tower.
Now here’s something else to think about.
If the tower gives us our landing invo, via ILS or VFR, then why would we need
to switch to ATIS to get the local weather info?
Becaue the tower just gave us our instructions and gives us the altimeter info
at any time it changes while descending to the ground for landing.
Just a thought.
But a couple of times I’ve gotten the message there’s no local weather info.
this is a nice feature.
HTH.