[bvipilots] Re: How should I have handled this approach?

  • From: Hadi Rezaee <hadirezaei@xxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2014 16:22:29 +0430

Unfortunetly that landing should be done visually.
Pilots simply keep the aircraft high then make a slight dive and land.

On 6/3/2014 4:36 AM, Jordan Gallacher wrote:

Robert,

How should I have handled the approach into Julieana differently, TNCM? I was flying a 787, and ATC had me landing on runway 27. There is a mountain at the end of that runway, and well I found it at around 500ft. I should say Michelle found it rather. She was handling the landing, and she was doing a great job until we crashed.

Thanks,