[bvipilots] Re: How should I have handled this approach?

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Jun 2014 09:00:13 -0700

Hello Jordan,

Excuse the very delayed response - I've been under the weather )-:

Regrettably, I cannot provide assistance on any flight unless you are in
the ONLINE MODE. Please follow these steps:

1. Uninstall IYP via your Control Panel
2. Start FSX and place a Cessna C172 Skyhawk at any runway, gate or ramp.
3. Go to this link: http://www.itsyourplane.com/
4. Click on INSTALL SYSTEM
5. After your hear, "It's your plane - we're ready to go", say, "Switch to
the online mode"
6. Load your problematic flight once again using the default Microsoft
Boeing 737-800
7. Do all checklists.
8. Ensure that you perform fuel loading operations and have ACARS turned ON
9. E-mail a notification that you have completed the flight

I know for a fact that a Boeing 747-400 cannot possibly land on runway 27
at TNCM - there's a drop approximately 3-miles from the runway threshold,
of about 2,500 feet to clear the terrain right in the glide path. The
Boeing 737-800 clears the terrain (on my simulator / PC) by about 30 feet.

For you edification, the Tower would NEVER land a jetliner on runway 27 in
real life - it's simply deadly!

Thank you.

Robert