[bvipilots] Re: Final Message Before Defeat...

  • From: Jody McKinniss <jlove42010@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 12:40:22 -0400

Hi Robert,
Quick question before I try this:  Is there a way for a sighted person to
see whether the ATC window is open or closed?  This way I will know for
sure the state of the ATC window when I issue the commands.  Although, now
that I think about it, when I tell Michelle to get the local weather,
doesn't that open the ATC window?  Therefore, when the next command,
"Charlotte clearance delivery," is spoken, ATC window should already be
open.   Obviously Michelle interacts with the ATC window, because after I
say, "ready to copy," she executes something, but instead of hearing
clearance delivery, I hear the weather info again.  So if a sighted person
can see the active state of the ATC window, this might be helpful.    I am
also going to create a recording of my the next attempt, if I can figure
out how you're accomplishing it.  When I record, my voice can be recorded,
but I am not quite sure how to record other sounds from the PC.  In other
words, how do I get all the sounds from FSX and IYP to be recorded as well"