[bvipilots] Re: Commenting on IYP biuld 336

  • From: Robert Cezar <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: bvipilots@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 12:46:43 -0700

Hi Ron,

I well understood what you were referring to.  Have you looked at your
Cockpit Voice Recorder Transcript file?

Here are some excerpts:

Michelle said, ’Climb and maintain flight level two four zero Roger.’ 11:15:05
AM
Michelle said, ’23000, 2800, 323’ 11:15:27 AM
Michelle said, ’24000, 2100 even, 322’ 11:15:49 AM
Michelle said, ’Level at 24000’ 11:16:02 AM

Then you start asking things like....

You said, ’get current altitude’ 11:17:52 AM
Michelle said, ’Current altitude, 24084 feet.’ 11:17:52 AM
You said, ’get current altitude’ 11:17:53 AM
Michelle said, ’Current altitude, 24084 feet.’ 11:17:54 AM
You said, ’thank you’ 11:18:06 AM
Michelle said, ’You’re welcome.’ 11:18:08 AM

You said, ’restore simulator’ 11:21:18 AM
Michelle said, ’The simulator has been restored and is now in view.’ 11:21:18
AM
You said, ’run simulator’ 11:21:23 AM

These are the kind of unnecessary queries that can cause announcements to
be SMASHED.

I hope this helps.